• A coin-flip decides who begins
• Players have 10 seconds to explore their hand
• The first player starts, then players alternate turns.
• Each player plays 8 times (16 turns in total).
• Each player has an individual timer of 5 minutes.
• Your personal countdown timer is paused when it's not your turn.
Cross The Ages is played on a four-by-four (4x4) square grid.The game is a conquest of territory. Both players share the same board. When you play a battle or leader card, it is placed on the board.
PLAYER TIME REMAINING
PLAYER’S DECK LEADER AND SA
DRAW NEW CARD
HEPTAGRAM | EMOTES
LOOT COUNTER / CHAIN COUNTER
During the game, the border is blue if you possess the card, grey if your opponent possesses the card.
The element on the card will help you to trigger effects such as Advantages and Affinities.
The number represents the strength of your card and will help you capture your opponent’s cards. You can increase the value of your card.
To have the best game or know when and where to put your card, you must already know how to read it! Take the number to know the main information.
• Discard a card to draw a new one. Drawing one doesn’t end your turn.
• Play a field card. Playing one doesn’t end your turn. You can play between 0 and 2 field cards during the game maximum.
• Play a battle card. Playing one ends your turn.
Terms of Victory
• There are two ways to win a game in CTA: TCG:
⇒ You own more cards on the board than your opponent at the end of the game.
⇒ Your opponent’s time limit reaches zero.
⇒ If both players own 8 cards on the board at the end of the game, the player with the most time left wins the game. Play smart, play fast!
The heptagram is at the heart of the mechanics of the CTA: TCG experience, mastering its dynamic complexity will elevate your strategic potential in game. Let’s break it down.
• Advantages in Cross The Ages, represents the first layer of mechanics you must learn to master throughout your journey to rule over the Appologium.
• Advantages work as a rock-paper-scissor relationship between all the 7 elements which constitute the heptagram of the game. Advantages allow you to benefit from a bonus of power value when trying to capture an opponent's cards.
• If your card’s element has an advantage over the element of your opponent’s card, your battle card will receive a power value bonus of +150 during the attack.
• If your card’s element has a disadvantage over the element of your opponent’s card, your battle card will receive a power value penalty of -150 during the attack.
• When you put a card that is adjacent to an opponent's card, your card will try to capture the opponent's card. The attack is automatically initiated against every eligible adjacent card simultaneously. (top, bottom, left and right).
• Your attack is based on the power of your card, including modifiers and/or advantages. It is then compared to the power of the card you attack, including every modifier applied to it as well.
• If your attack is successful, you will claim ownership of the card/s. Depending on your chain counter, the new card/s will then attempt a capture.
The Affinity system allows you to boost the power value of the cards you own if they are next to an allied card that shares an affinity. There are two types of affinities: simple and double affinities.
Ex: On the exemple water and earth create an affinity (only if the 2 cards are possessed by the same person). You cannot create an affinity with your opponent’s card.
The second type of affinity that you can create between your cards are double affinities. A double affinity is an affinity between 3 cards of 3 elements next to each-other on the heptagram. For example, when water, darkness and earth cards are placed next to each-other, a double affinity is created as a result.
NOTE : If you have 1 water card and 2 earth cards, the bonus will apply only ones on the water card.
• Battle Cards : The cards that you play on the board to capture your opponent’s cards and/or defend your positions.
• Leader Card : When building your deck you will choose one of your battle cards to be your leader. Your leader card will always be drawn at the beginning of each game. Once played, it will trigger a “special attack”. Special attacks can be chosen & attached to your leader during deck building. Your leader will also increase your chain counter by 1 as long as your leader is in your possession. (read the “chain” section of the guide).
• Field Cards : Field cards are special cards that will allow you to change the element of the board, and boost all cards of the same element. This effect lasts for 3 turns and can be replaced if another field card is played. Two field cards cannot be active at the same time.
Field cards don’t take space on the board, and playing one will not end your turn.
CAUTION : use field cards wisely! A field card can backfire at you as it also boosts opponent’s cards of the same element!
Did you win ?! Congrats !!
• Win points for the ladder (better ranking)
• Win chests that contain between 1- 4 cards
• Win trisel (game’s money)
• Win experience
Did you lose ?
Don’t worry, you will lose points but win experience ! Try again next time, you’ll crush it!